PLAN AN EVENT WITH SAB
The Student Activities Board (SAB) is a student run organization, for students – by students. With the help of professional staff members that serve as advisors, SAB is able to put on 60+ enriching and engaging events a school year.
The purpose of the Student Activities Board shall be to provide diverse events that educate and entertain students, faculty/staff, and the community of the University through efficient programming. The Board strives to enrich the co-curricular experience through leadership and involvement on the Board and in the production of events.
The board functions off of four core values. They help make our events, our members, and the board itself, a success.
Our core values are:
- Teamwork: To strive to create a network of members that is tied together by communication, friendship and cooperation that works toward building lasting ties with the UK community.
- Enrichment: To not only provide entertainment but to use our events as a medium through which to enlighten and educate.
- Diversity: To serve various groups of different lifestyles, cultures and ethnic backgrounds through an array of events focused on entertaining, education and ultimately uniting.
- Stewardship: To efficiently and effectively manage all financial affairs, give back to the student body, promote leadership, preserves integrity, and be accountable.
Over the past few years, we’ve planned some awesome collaborative events including (but not limited to):
- Holi – SAB Multicultural Affairs Committee and UK Indian Student Association
- Korean Heritage Festival – SAB Multicultural Affairs Committee and UK Korean Student Association
- Moving Mountains: A Celebration of Eastern Kentucky with Sundy Best – SAB Concerts Committee and CCO Mountain Cats
- Underground Formal – SAB Traditions Committee, Underground Perspective, the MLK Center and the Office of LGBTQ* Resources
- The Art of Storytelling: Soup and Substance and #TrendingTopics – SAB Engaging Issues Committee and the MLK Center
- FIFA Tournament – SAB Pop Culture and Campus Life Committees and UK Athletics
The Basics of a Collaboration
The Student Activities Board defines a collaboration as a mutually beneficial partnership between two or more organizations or departments that help build useful relationships between all parties involved for the betterment of the entire UK community. Moreover, collaborations are important to SAB because they provide resources that we may not otherwise have been able to develop, bring in students that would not have otherwise been exposed to our programs, and expands the network of individuals involved in the SAB programming process. From start to finish, all parties involved in the collaboration should put equal effort into researching, promoting, running, and executing the event.
SAB plans their events a semester in advance. For instance, Fall events are planned in the Spring prior and Spring events are planned in the Fall prior. For example, Crunch Brunch in December 2016 was planned in the Spring of 2016. Therefore, all discussions of collaborations are ideally facilitated a semester in advance of the proposed event.
Note: SGA Funding
SAB is not a funding board. If you are seeking funding for your event, please consider requesting SGA funding grants by visiting www.uksga.org/funding, or contacting the Appropriations & Revenue Chair Austin Bach at email@example.com.